VMware vCloud Suite contains these integrated products:• Infrastructure Platform: VMware vSphere®: Industry leading server virtualization platform.
• VMware vRealize™ Operations™: Intelligent performance, capacity, and configuration management for vSphere environments.
• VMware vRealize Automation™: Self-service and policy-based infrastructure and application provisioning for vSphere environments.
• VMware vRealize Business™: Automated costing, usage metering, and service pricing of virtualized infrastructure for vSphere environments.
• Disaster Recovery Automation with VMware vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager™: Policy-based disaster recovery and testing for all virtualized applications.
The Overview dashboard provides a high-level overview of your Cloud cost and demands.
Click on Overview menu item to load the vRealize Business main dashboards.
This dashboard is divided into 3 columns:
- Total Cloud Cost - Total cost and cost per driver (component) with insight to Operation Expenses and Capital Expenses.
- Operational Analysis - Average cost per VM and cost of each compute resource.
- Consumption (Demand) Analysis - VM Count in your private Cloud and the distribution of costs between the Business Units based on their consumption.
The Operational Analysis tab provides a detailed overview on server costs. On the top of the screen you can see the current month cost and the monthly cost trend of each component. The pie chart on the right shows the percentage distribution of these components
The Comsuption Analysis tab details which resources each Business Unit consumes by VMs and Projects with breakdown to Compute resource.
You can now review the cost details of each BU clicking on Consumers List.
CLOUD COSTS DRIVERS
vRealize Business Standard categorizes the cost drivers into Server Hardware, Storage, Licensing, Maintenance, Labor, Network, Facilities, and Additional Costs. The cost driver data that you provide is the monthly cost except for the server hardware cost and storage array hardware cost.
MODIFYING PRIVATE CLOUD COSTS
You can modify the cost drivers of your data center. These costs can be in terms of percentage value or unit rate, and might not always be in terms of the overall cost. Based on your inputs, the final amount of cost drivers is calculated. If you do not provide inputs regarding cost drivers, the default values are taken from the reference database, which is part of the vRealize Business Standard product.
Click on Edit Cost
You can edit the total operating system licensing cost and VMware license cost of your cloud environment. You can edit the license cost by either selecting the ELA charging policy or selecting the per socket value.
SETTING UP PRICES FOR CLOUD SERVICES
You can set and edit the virtual machine price. You can define price manually or by creating policies based on vRealize Automation, vCloud Director, and vCenter Server categorization.
On the next steps you will understand how to edit cloud prices.
1. Click on Consumption Analysis menu item.
1. Click on Consumption Overview.
From now you are able to modify the Services pricing.
1. Click on Edit button
2. Click on Edit edit Pricing
You can select pricing mode whether you want define price manually or create policies to define the price, which enables to calculate virtual machine cost. You can define the price in two modes - Basic and Advanced. In Basic mode, you enter the price manually and in Advanced mode, you set the price by creating policies based on vRealize Automation, vCloud Director, and vCenter Server.