Lets refresh where we are! We are discussing about architecting a Citrix environment from Architects perspective. There are 2 parts to it:
Assessment is further divided into
· Conceptual Architecture
In this blog, we will discuss assessment of Conceptual Architecture. Each topic will be covered in separate blog.
After the architect completes the initial assessment of all aspects of the current environment, the design phase begins. During the design phase, the architect uses the information gathered during the assessment to design a virtualization solution that meets the needs of the organization.
This design is then transferred into a conceptual architecture that can be used to communicate the design.
Conceptual Architecture Overview
The conceptual architecture is a diagram or series of diagrams that provides an abstracted overview of a proposed design that non-technical people can understand. The diagram should not be overly detailed, but should depict all major components and the connections between the components
If necessary, additional diagrams can be included to cover additional areas of the design. For example, the XenApp and XenDesktop delivery conceptual designs might be depicted in a different diagram than the high-level overview of the datacenter conceptual design
Conceptual Architecture Documentation
The conceptual architecture diagram should be accompanied by supporting documentation.
This supporting documentation should identify:
- The purpose of each component and connection in the architecture
- The assumptions and decisions that were made
- The rationale for each assumption and decision
· Conceptual Architecture Validation
· After the conceptual architecture has been documented, it must be validated to ensure that it is technically sound and satisfies the goals and concerns of the organization.
· At this point, the architect should present the conceptual architecture to the stakeholders whose goals and concerns are being addressed by the design. During this presentation, the architect should point out how the architecture addresses the project objectives and requirements and keep track of any issues or changes that are suggested.
· After the validation is complete, the conceptual architecture can be used to collect feedback from other architects and developers.
Conceptual Architecture Implementation
· When the conceptual architecture is complete, it can be used as a starting point for creating a more elaborate document that provides detailed design and component specifications. This document will be used to implement the design
Citrix Virtualization Conceptual Architecture
In order to create the conceptual architecture for a Citrix virtualization project, the architect must understand how the Citrix products will be implemented in the environment to meet the goals and objectives of the organization.
The remainder of this course focuses on the considerations that affect the design of a Citrix virtualization solution and will influence the conceptual architecture diagram and the documentation provided for the solution