We are assuming that, virtual machines are hosted using Citrix XenServer. Each virtual machine is an independent system called a guest operating system. Citrix XenCenter allows you to connect to the XenServer environment and administer guest operating systems
This is also applicable in case of Hyper-V and VMware Environments,
First We need to Create XenApp Farm SQL Database
Wait until each virtual machine is completely powered on and at the authentication screen before powering on the next virtual machine.
7. Log on as a domain administrator to the ABC-SQL1 virtual machine.
8. Click Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server Management Studio . The Connect to Server screen appears.
9. Click Connect to connect to the ABC-SQL1 server.
10. Right-click ABC-SQL1 > Security and click New > Login. The Login - New screen appears.
11. Type ABC-\_XA in the Login name field and click OK.
12. Right-click ABC-SQL1 > Databases and click New Database. The New Database screen appears.
13. Type XenApp-ABC- in the Database name field.
14. Click ... to select a database owner.
15. Type ABC-\_XA in the Enter the object names to select pane and click Check Names.
16. Click OK. The Select Database Owner screen closes.
17. Click OK. The New Database screen closes.
1. Within the XenCenter console, start the ABC-XAMaster virtual machine and log on as a domain administrator.
Confirm that you are using Remote Desktop mode. If you are not using Remote Desktop mode the XenApp installation will take considerably longer to complete. For more information, see Citrix Knowledge Base Article CTX120429.
2. Select XA_50.ISO from the DVD Drive drop-down list.
3. Open My Computer.
4. Right-click CD Drive (D:) and click Open.
5. Double-click AUTORUN.EXE to launch the XenApp installation. The XenApp installation screen appears.
6. Click Platinum Edition.
7. Click Application Virtualization.
8. Read and respond to the license agreement and click Next.
9. Review the installation prerequisites and click Next.
10. Click Next to accept the default components.
11. Disregard the error screen and click OK.
12. Click Next in the Component Selection screen.
13. Click Next to accept the default passthrough authentication configuration.
14. Type http://ABC-WI1 in the Server URL field and click Next.
15. Click Next to accept the default license server configuration.
16. Read and respond to the Microsoft Visual C++ license agreement. Microsoft Visual C++ is installed.
17. Click Next in the Access Management Console Installation Welcome screen.
The Access Management Console Installation Welcome screen may appear minimized in the taskbar.
18. Click Next to install all components. The installation starts.
19. Click Finish to complete the component installation. The XenApp Plugin installation starts. When the Plugin installation completes, the Citrix XenApp 5.0 Installation screen appears.
20. Click Next in the Citrix XenApp 5.0 Installation screen.
21. Click Next to accept the default installation components and installation location.
22. Click Next to create a new farm.
23. Type ABC-_XA_Farm in the Farm name field.
24. Select Use the following database on a separate database server and select SQL Server from the drop-down list.
25. Accept the default zone name configuration and click Next. The Create a New Data Source to SQL Server screen appears.
26. Select ABC-SQL1 from the Server drop-down list and click Next.
27. Confirm that With Windows NT authentication using the network login ID is selected and click Next.
28. Select XenApp-ABC- from the Change the default database to drop-down list and click Next.
29. Click Finish.
30. Click Test Data Source to ensure the connection is configured properly. The Test results should return a success message.
31. Click OK in the Test Results screen.
32. Click OK to close the ODBC Microsoft SQL Server Setup screen.
33. Type ABC-\_XA in the User Name field and type Password1 into the Password fields and click Next.
34. Click Next to accept the default farm administrator settings.
35. Click Next to accept the default IMA encryption configuration.
36. Type ABC-DMC1 in the Host name field and click Next.
37. Click Next to accept the default shadowing configuration.
38. Click Next to accept the default XML service port configuration.
39. Click Add the list of users from the Users group now.
40. Deselect Add anonymous users also and click Next.
41. Click Finish to begin the installation. The installation starts.
42. Deselect the View the Readme file option and click Close to complete the installation. The XenApp Advanced Configuration installation screen appears.
The XenApp Advanced Configuration installation screen may appear minimized in the taskbar.
43. Click Next in the XenApp Advanced Configuration installation welcome screen.
44. Click Next to accept the default destination folder.
45. Click Next to begin the installation.
46. Click Finish to complete the installation. The Citrix XenApp Document Library installation screen appears.
The Citrix XenApp Document Library installation screen may appear minimized in the taskbar.
48. Click Next to accept the default destination folder.
49. Click Finish the complete the installation.
50. Confirm that all of the selected components and installed successfully and click Finish to close the Citrix XenApp Components Installation screen.
51. Click Yes to restart the ABC-XAMaster virtual machine.